Lytton & Co. (London) T/A John Sanders is a company registered in England and Wales (collectively referred to as “John Sanders”, “we” or “us” in this policy).
This policy, which applies whether you visit us in store or online, provides you with information about:
• How we use your data
• What personal data we collect
• How we ensure your privacy is maintained
• Your legal rights relating to your personal data
John Sanders uses your personal data:
• To provide goods and services to you.
• For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
• With your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you.
• To enable John Sanders to manage customer service interactions with you.
• Where we have a legal right or duty to disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
John Sanders uses your personal data for electronic marketing purposes (with your consent). We aim to update you about products & services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual.
You have a right to opt out of receiving promotional communications at any time by making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails.
John Sanders only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply the appropriate data protection and security controls. We have explained our Services providers below:
Intelligent Retail (who provide our EPOS service)
Google Analytics (who help track your activity on our website)
MailChimp (who help provide our electronic marketing service)
Royal Mail (Who provide our delivery services for e-commerce transactions)
Aside from our service providers, John Sanders will not disclose your personal data to any third part, except as set out below. We will never sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes.
We may share data:
• with credit reference agencies where necessary for card payments;
• with Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunal and insurers where we are required to do so.
• to comply with our legal obligations
• to exercise our legal rights (for example in court cases)
• for the prevention, detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders and
• for the protection of our employees and customers.
We will not retain data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however, the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 10 years.
John Sanders may collect the following information about you:
• Your name, age and gender
• Your contact details (including postal addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses)
• purchases and orders made by use
• your on-line browsing activities on the John Sanders website
• your communication and marketing preferences
• your interest, preferences, feedback and survey responses
• your location
• your correspondence and communications with John Sanders
• your picture
Our website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children from it. Within Store, the only information we collect relating to children are for competitions which we regularly host. There is no obligation to provide this data and we will only collect the information with a parent / guardian’s consent. Once the event is completed, all personal data collected is then destroyed.
The above list is not exhaustive and, in specific instances, we may need to collect additional data for the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you send an email to our customer service team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example your browsing activity.
John Sanders is committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. Our security measures include internal policies setting out our data security approach and training for employees.
These policies and training are regularly reviewed by our management.
You have the following rights regarding your data:
• the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time
• the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge.
• The right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
John Sanders collects and uses customers’ personal data because it is necessary for:
• The pursuit of our legitimate interests
• the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer
• Or complying with our legal obligations
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email. Customers have the right to withdraw consent at any time. Where consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will cease to process data after consent it withdrawn.
The normal legal basis for processing customer data is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of John Sanders, including:
• Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
• Protecting customers, employees and other individuals in maintaining their safety, health and welfare.
• Promoting, Marketing and advertising our products and services
• Sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
• Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
• Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
• Preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies
• handling customer contacts, queries, complaints and disputes
• Managing insurance claims by customers
• Protecting John Sanders, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to John Sanders
• Effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against John Sanders
• Fulfilling our duties to customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your device’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
John Sanders uses traffic log cookies (From Google Analytics) to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
John Sanders tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If we do hold information about you we will:
• give you a description of it;
• tell you why we are holding it;
• tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
• let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to John Sanders for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing addressing it to our Store Manager, at the address provided below.
77-79 High Street,
Please note that while the Store Manager will be sent the request, they may pass this onto another department to respond to it.
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy was last updated 1st December 2018